- Give an overview of the constraints inherent to any construction project with curved structures or envelops and as well as geometrical, mechanical and technological solutions to meet them.
- Introduce the students to detailed engineering, to the specifics of timber construction, to the use of advanced manufacturing tools (robotic machining, laser cutting, digital milling, etc.), and to geometric shape control methods.
- Confront theory and practice by passing from design to fabrication of a structure on a large scale, and introducing by there the notions of tolerance, play and tuning…
- Share the experience of our partners (Simonin: manufacturer of complex wooden structures, Würth France: professional tooling and hardware, ABB France & Schunk & HAL: robotics manufacturing, Navier: interaction geometry, structure and technology).
Program of the Pavilions
- The challenge: design / build a temporary pavilion of about 50 square meters in one week.
- The project: a reciprocal structure covered and braced by flat panels, an innovative construction based on the expertise of partners on wood structures with complex geometry.
- The method: realization of the preliminary design studies, design of the robotic machining line and partial prefabrication upstream of the week by the pedagogical team which provides the elements to the students in charge of a counter-study and assembly .
- The objective: the exhibition of the structure on the site of the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech and inauguration for the “20 years of the School on the Descartes campus” on 17 October 2017.
Features of the 2017 edition
STUDENTS: Beck Aurélien, Bellec Mathilde, Berrubé Alban, Borzone Mirko Antonio, Canela Gomà Ignacio, Chatelain-Lacam Louise, Corres Sojo Enrique, Dupont Maxime, Duval Laure, Figueras Cadenet Pau, Glevarec Quentin, Graillot Brieuc, Kamata Yukiho, Levionnois Anne, Maia Avelino Ricardo, Maitenaz Sébastien, Migliari Matteo, Montagne Nicolas, Ninino Bastian, Ortiz Hazarian Rafael Henrique, Pastor Moreno David, Pedrosa Torres Pedro Henrique, Pitance Jérôme, Ramos Musman Thiago, Souiki Amine, Tatarczak Agnieszka, Vaz Guilherme Frederico, Veres Lia Nóra, Vianna Da Costa e Faria Ana Clara, Zerhouni Sonia
STAFF: Pierre Margerit, Nicolas Ducoulombier, Xavier Tellier, Hocine Delmi, Léo Demont, Lionel Du Peloux, Olivier Baverel, Jean-François Caron, Stephen Conord, Thibault Mandallaz, Loïc Simonin, Laurent Fluxa, Matthieu Tintiller, Laurent Hauswirth, Tristan Gobin, Romain Mesnil, Cyril Douthe.